The Friends of the Claresholm Public Library was incorporated on October 11, 1988.
The Friends of the library are volunteers acting collectively and independently to preserve, promote, and strengthen library services in harmony with library management and policy.
Mission Statement: To advance the role of the Claresholm Public Library as a vital community resource and as an institution critical to the culture, education, and welfare of our diverse community.
Friends are organized with one or more of the following objectives:
- to increase community awareness and use of the library
- to work for library legislation or appropriations
- to encourage gifts, endowments, and memorials for the library
- to provide direct financial assistance
- to sponsor programs designed to add to the cultural life of the community
- to volunteer work in the library on specific projects designated by the Library Manager
- to have fun!
- promote awareness of the library
- advocate for the library
- raise funds for projects in the library and for activities of the Society
Love your Library - Become a Friend!
The Friends group is a great way to get connected with your Claresholm Public Library. Being a Friend means knowing that you are making a real contribution to ensure that your library remains a vital presence in the community.
Membership fee: $5.00 per year
For more information please ask the library.